• The units of Indian currency are the Rupee and Paisa(100 Paisa equal 1 Rupee). Paper money is in denominations of Rupees 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000. Coins are in denomination of Rupees 1, 2, and 5.
• There are no restrictions on the amount of foreign currency or traveler's checks a tourist may import, provided Declaration form is completed on arrival.
• This will facilitate the exchange of imported currency as well as the export of unspent currency on departure.
• Take one Indian dish only with each meal and ask the waiter to cut down on the chilies.
• Cash, bank notes and traveler's checks up to US $ 10,000 or equivalent need not be declared at the time of entry.
• It is advisable to stick to only cooked foods and to eat fresh fruits whose skin you can peel off or remove.
• Any money is the form of traveler's checks, draft, bills, checks, etc.
• Which tourist wish to convert into Indian currency should be exchanged only through the authorized money exchange..
• If the necessity arises, ask your hotel to recommend a doctor.
• Tourists are warned that changing money through unauthorized person is not only illegal but also involves the risk of receiving counterfeit currency.
• To exchange foreign money other than through banks or authorized money- changers is an offence.
• Please note that no Indian currency whatsoever can be imported or exported, except for Rupee traveler's checks.
• Banks abroad to keep Rupee balances with their agents in India and are able to draw upon these balances to issue Rupee travelers' checks to intending tourists.
• If u wish to help them, do so through a recognized charitable organization, not by giving them alms.
It is safe to travel in India, as you will find out for yourself.
• You are requested to please always coordinate with our local representative office of the city of your visit for any assistance.
• Most museums in India are closed on Mondays and Site Museums, those near archaeological monuments, on Friday.
However, please check with us for timings.
• It is also advisable to please crosscheck the pick-up timing for the transfers of sightseeing as per your programme, from your friendly representative who is always there to assist you.